Discover the ways you can make extra contributions. You might even enjoy a few tax concessions along the way.

1. Consider the advantages of salary sacrifice

By giving up some of your before-tax salary, you can help boost your super and potentially reduce your tax.

2. Get a boost with personal contributions

Find out about Government co-contributions; and contributing to your spouse or partner’s super. You may be able to claim a tax deduction for certain personal contributions.

3. Finding other super

Are you missing any super? If so, there are easy ways to find it. And you can save on fees by consolidating multiple accounts. However, first make sure any insurance policies won’t be affected.

Need to give your super a boost?

Watch our videos to learn more about some of the ways you could boost your super.

We’re here to help

Make extra super contributions

Get a boost with personal contributions.

Find an adviser

Use our tool to find professional financial advice, local to you.

Retirement calculator

Quickly and easily estimate how much super you may have in retirement and how much you may need.

Information on this webpage is provided by Avanteos Investments Limited ABN 20 096 259 979, AFSL 245531 (AIL) and Colonial First State Investments Limited ABN 98 002 348 352, AFSL 232468 (CFSIL). It may include general advice but does not consider your individual objectives, financial situation, needs or tax circumstances. You can find the Target Market Determinations (TMD) for our financial products at, which include a description of who a financial product might suit. You should read the Financial Services Guide (FSG) available online for information about our services. This information is based on current requirements and laws as at the date of publication.

Tax considerations are general and based on present tax laws and may be subject to change. You should seek independent, professional tax advice before making any decision based on this information.

AIL and CFSIL are not registered tax (financial) advisers under the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 and you should seek tax advice from a registered tax agent or a registered tax (financial) adviser if you intend to rely on this information to satisfy the liabilities or obligations or claim entitlements that arise under a tax law.