New managed account portfolios from Australia’s top professional investment consultants and researchers, available on FirstChoice Wholesale Personal Super and Pension at no additional cost to you or your clients.
WHAT ARE SPECIALIST PORTFOLIOS?
Professionally constructed and reviewed portfolios
A range of specialist managed account portfolios constructed and monitored by professional investment consultants and researchers—Lonsec, Morningstar, Zenith—with portfolio changes implemented and administered by Colonial First State.
No extra cost
There are no extra costs to you or your clients. Your clients only pay the fees and costs of the underlying investment options. There are no additional administration or implementation fees or costs to your clients.
Experience the best of both worlds
Specialist Portfolios combine the flexibility, convenience and transparency of a managed account with the simplicity and efficiency of FirstChoice. Giving you more time to spend with your clients and growing your business, and less time on administration.
Learn about each of the specialist portfolios
How managed account specialist portfolios work
Professional investment consultants and researchers
- Builds managed accounts portfolio(s)
- Monitors and reviews portfolio and recommends changes to CFS
- Publishes information about managed account portfolio's construction and performance
Colonial First State
- Reviews, approves and implements portfolio
- Regularly aligns clients to their selected managed account portfolio weightings
Managed account portfolios
- Range of specialist managed account portfolios to choose from to suit wide range of client needs and preferences
- Develops advice strategy for client
- Recommends appropriate managed account portfolio based on client’s circumstances, objectives and risk appetite
- Selects relevant Specialist Portfolio for client’s new or existing FirstChoice Wholesale Personal Super or Pension account
- Engages with client about how their portfolio is managed, generally without the administrative burden of Records of Advice and transaction authorisations
- Benefit from having their selected portfolio of investment options professionally constructed and regularly reviewed
- Portfolio changes and re‑weighting happen in an automated, timely and consistent manner
Professional investment portfolio construction and reviews
- Managed account portfolios constructed and monitored by professional investment consultants and researchers, with portfolios changes implemented and administered by CFS.
Automatic, controlled portfolio updates
- CFS reviews, approves and implements portfolio changes requested by investment consultant, and also executes ad-hoc and regular rebalancing to realign your clients’ investments to target weightings.
- Portfolio changes flow through to your clients’ accounts automatically.
- Lonsec Active (six risk profiles)
- Morningstar High Conviction (six risk profiles)
- Morningstar Core (six risk profiles)
- Zenith Active (five risk profiles)
No need to settle for less
Lowering your clients’ total cost to invest doesn’t have to mean settling for less. With Specialist Portfolios, there are no additional costs to you and your clients. Your clients only pay the fees and costs of the underlying investment options in their portfolio.
BENEFITS OF SPECIALIST PORTFOLIOS ON FIRSTCHOICE
For your business
- Access some of Australia’s most respected asset consultants and researchers at no additional cost to you
- Realise efficiencies by outsourcing portfolio management
- A simple way to introduce the efficiencies of a managed account while maintaining an efficient client servicing model
- Efficient portfolio implementation
- Confidence that your clients’ portfolios are always aligned to their advice strategy
- Less time spent on portfolio management, administration and following-up clients to approve portfolio changes
- Reduce the compliance burden on your business
- More time for meaningful, strategic advice conversations
For your clients
- Access some of Australia’s most respected asset consultants and researchers at no additional cost to your clients
- Diversified, professionally managed investment portfolio that is always aligned to their investment strategy
- Confidence that oversight and management by a trusted investment consultant selected by you
- Peace of mind that there are multiple layers of governance (professional investment consultant and superannuation trustee oversight)
- Ongoing access to additional information about the portfolio from the chosen investment consultant.
- Transparency of all of the investment strategies within each portfolio.
- Less hassle and less paperwork – may remove the need for Records of Advice when portfolio changes are made so portfolio changes can be made at the right time.
Adviser use only
Colonial First State Investments Limited ABN 98 002 348 352, AFSL 232468 (Colonial First State) is the issuer of FirstChoice Personal Super, FirstChoice Wholesale Personal Super, FirstChoice Pension, FirstChoice Wholesale Pension, FirstChoice Employer Super offered from the Colonial First State FirstChoice Superannuation Trust ABN 26 458 298 557. It also issues interests in the Rollover & Superannuation Fund (ROSCO) and Personal Pension Plan (PPP) offered from the Colonial First State Rollover & Superannuation Fund ABN 88 854 638 840. This is based on the understanding of current regulatory requirements and laws as at September 2021. While all care has been taken in the preparation of this document (using sources believed to be reliable and accurate), to the maximum extent permitted by law, no person including Colonial First State or any member of the Commonwealth Bank group of companies, accepts responsibility for any loss suffered by any person arising from reliance on this information. This document provides information for the adviser only and is not to be handed on to any investor. It does not take into account any person’s individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) before making any recommendations to a client. Clients should read the PDS and FSG before making an investment decision and consider talking to a financial adviser. The PDS and FSG can be obtained from cfs.com.au or by calling us on 13 18 36.
The content displayed on this page is intended for financial advisers only