The easiest way for someone to access your personal information is by guessing or stealing your passwords, so make them as strong as possible and keep them secure.
What makes a strong password?
If it is more than eight characters, it will be harder to guess
Avoid using common words that you could find in a dictionary
Made up of a mix of letters, numbers and symbols
Easy to remember
Create a password based on a phrase that is easy for you to remember, but hard for anyone else (especially a computer) to guess
Use different passwords for different websites and online services
Difficult to guess
Don’t use obvious names, dates of birth, sequences or phone numbers
- Don't write your passwords down or store them on your computer. If you must record it somewhere, make sure it's disguised.
- Never share your password with anyone, even family members.
- Don’t click ‘remember this password’ on your browser, and make sure you’ log off when you’re finished.
- Use a password manager such as KeePass, LastPass, Dashlane or 1Password if you have trouble memorising complex passwords.
- If you think your login details to a secure site have been lost or stolen, alert the company immediately.
For more information on Cyber Security, talk to your Adviser.
This information has been prepared by Colonial First State Investments Limited ABN 98 002 348 352, AFS Licence 232468 (CFSIL), and is the issuer of super, pension and investment products. This information is based on Colonial First State’s understanding of current regulatory requirements and laws as at January 2018. This document is not advice and provides information only. It does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. The Target Market Determinations (TMD) for our financial products can be found at www.cfs.com.au/tmd and include a description of who a financial product is appropriate for. You should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) carefully and assess whether the information is appropriate for you and consider talking to a financial adviser before making an investment decision. A PDS for CFSIL's products is available at www.cfs.com.au or by calling us on 13 13 36.